About The Certified International Project Manager Programme
Project management is the world’s fastest growing profession and in today’s ever-changing business environment, organizations demand multi-skilled individuals who can manage far more than their predecessors. During this intensive course you will examine the delivery cycles that are routinely encountered in business today, discover tools and techniques that aid in managing the results of various categories of project structures and learn how to develop effective strategies to manage these projects. On satisfactory completion of this program you will receive the award of Board Certification from the American Academy of Project Management (AAPM), which is recognized in over 150 countries. You will then be able to use the designation CIPM™ on your business cards and resume.
Who Should Attend? Certified International Project Manager
This highly practical qualification has been specifically designed for senior level project management professionals including:
- • Organizational Project Managers
- • Team Leaders
- • Senior Analysts
- • Executive Directors
- • Operations Directors
- • Program Managers
- • Research and Development Officers
- • Research Scientists
- • Management Consultants and other Contractors
- Plus anyone who is involved in project management, or anticipates being involved in projects in the future. This program is designed specifically to suit a broad range of professionals, as the program deals with technical project methodologies with a large emphasis on people and soft skills.
The CIPM ® Training Style
This program is delivered using “blended learning”. This involves classroom lecturing, highly intensive case study/role playing reviews, classroom interaction and feedback, and one-on-one coaching from the facilitator.
CIPM™ Program Overview
Project Management is growing exponentially. It’s now used in virtually all industries, such as: government, healthcare, telecom, IT, education and banking. Effective project management is how these organizations streamline to improve productivity. As businesses are restructured, project managers take over many responsibilities. Expertise in project management is a source of security, prosperity and power to many companies.
By Attending This Program You Will Be Able To:
- • Formalize the process of project delivery within your organization
- • Examine the project delivery cycles
- • Discover tools and techniques that aid in managing the results of various categories of project structures
- • Learn how to develop effective strategies to manage projects
The Added Benefits You Will Receive Include:
- • The ability to use the designation CIPM™ on your business card and resume
- • Up to 18 months membership to the AAPM professional body
- • Access to the AAPM project management network and body of information online
- • Access to the AAPM international journal published online
- • The CIPM™ shows that you have completed graduate level project management education and you have substantial experience in managing projects on a regional and global level
Professional Development Program Outline
CIPM ® Module One
- Operational Risks And Operations Management Project Management (PM) Overview
- • What is PM?
- • Why projects go wrong
- The ‘Technical’ Stuff – Part One
- • Project goals and kickoff
- • Project life cycle
- • Project methodology
- • Planning and scheduling
CIPM ® Module Two
- The ‘Technical’ Stuff – Part Two
- • Work breakdown structure
- • Estimating and scheduling resources
- • Floats and critical paths
- • Scheduling methods (GANTT and PERT)
- • Defining the project team
- • Tracking project activities
- • Closing out projects
CIPM ® Module Three
Commitment-Based Project Management
- • What is CBPM?
- • Translating project goals into ‘personal commitments’
- • PM Software
- • Introduction to common PM software
- • Documentation, Reporting, Risks And Scope
- • Risk management
- • Scope management
- • Reporting and communication
- • Project audit/review
- • Post-implementation reviews
CIPM ® Module Four
It’s All About People
- • Project manager’s role
- • Project leadership and management
- • Defining the project team
- • Generating ‘buy-in’
- • Personality profiling
- • Running effective project meetings
- • Communications
- • Negotiations and reporting
- • Facilitation
CIPM ® Module Five
Practical Assessment Exercises
- The final Module encompasses learning from the four previous model, along with the introduction of specific tools, simulations and case studies.
- Final Assessment, Case Study or Examination
- Final Wrap-Up Case Study
A person seeking to be registered as a student for CIPM professional examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
CIPM technician or professional examination certificate.
A Master degree from a recognised university.
A HND/degree from a recognised university. In addition with
Secondary education (O level) certificate with an aggregate average of at least grade C+ (or equivalent) provided the applicant has obtained a minimum of grade C+ (or equivalent) in both English and Mathematics.
Exemptions will be granted on a paper by paper basis. Exemptions will be granted to applicants who are deemed to have adequately covered the content of the paper(s) for which they have applied for exemptions.
Exemptions for holders of CIPM qualifications
Exemptions will be granted for all common papers in the technician and professional examinations.
No exemptions will be granted to technician examination graduates beyond Diploma of the professional examinations.
In granting exemptions, consideration will also be given to the core areas of expertise of the person seeking exemption. For instance, a graduate in project management is considered to be proficient in project and contract management and therefore would be exempted in all subjects in Diploma and Higher Diploma.
Exemptions for holders of qualifications from other universities and examination bodies
Exemptions may be given to holders of degrees, diplomas and certificates from other recognised universities, institutions of higher learning and other examination bodies. In order to qualify for exemption under this category, applicants must provide evidence of adequate coverage of the content of the papers for which they have applied for exemption.
Procedure for exemptions
Applicants seeking exemptions must complete the relevant application forms for exemption and pay the prescribed exemption fees. All applications for exemption must be accompanied by the relevant supporting documents
* As seen in the guides for the: U. S. Department of Labor, CHEA, FINRA, Employment and Training Administration. GAFM approved exams include ACBSP and AACSB accredited business school programs recognized by the Council of Higher Education.
** Accreditation – ISO 29993 Certified – GAFM/IBS/AAPM is the first USA Certifying body to achieve ISO 29993, ISO 21001, ISO 9001, and ISO 29990 Certification – Our GAFM ® Certification Board is Accredited and ISO 9001 Certified for Quality and ISO 29990 Certified for Educational Standards. In academic alliance with the ACBSP National Business Accreditation Agency for Certification Standards worldwide. IAo Cert. International Accreditation. The GAFM ® Board of Standards is a founding member of the quality assurance standards memorandum of the CHEA International Quality Group.
USA – Asia – Russia – India – EU – West Indies – China – Indonesia – Latin America – Arabia – Africa