Admission is ongoing from qualified applicants for admission to the under-listed Postgraduate (competency-based) Programmes by Distance Learning, offered in blended mode with more than 90% online learning interactions and activities, for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Available Programmes (Competency-Based)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting and Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Corporate Governance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing
- Master of Science in Insurance & Risk Management
- Master of Business Administration in Auditing
- Master of Business Administration in Corporate Communications
- Master of Business Administration in Internal Auditing
- Master of Business Administration in Petroleum Accounting & Finance
- Master of Business Administration in Total Quality Management
The programmes are offered in blended mode with 90% online activities and interactions. The online activities include:
- Online teaching and learning
- Delivery of course materials
- Lecturer to students and students to students’ interactions
- Supervision of project work
- Assessments- assignments and interim assessments
- Electronic tutoring (e-tutoring)
- Course evaluation (lecturer/Student evaluation)
- General information dissemination
Course Delivery Method
Courses will be delivered in a modular format to be taken by students one course at a time. This means students will take a course/module one at a time within 5 weeks as follows:
- Week 1 to 4 – online activities and interactions
- End of week 4 – Face-to-face or E-Tutoring (live session) for revision at GIMPA.
- End of Week 5 – End of course/module face-to-face examination at GIMPA*
There will be two weeks break at the end of taking three (3) courses in succession.
Applicants who possess any of the following can apply:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university/institution in relevant discipline with;
- a second class lower or better
- a third class, however such applicants will be required to go through screening and selection interview to ascertain their suitability for admission
- Relevant recognized full professional qualification such as ICAG, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, CPA, ICSA, GAFM and CIB.
- International applicants with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in related fields established by NAB. Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
In additions to the above requirements, applicants shall also be required to possess information technology skills in order to access and use e-resources and participate in e-learning based activities, interactions and assessments. The basic ITPR include the following:
- Demonstrate ability to use an end device such as desktop or laptop computer, smart phone or a tablet to access internet resources and communicate with others, and for folder and file management.
- Demonstrate ability to use a word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software to prepare assignments, reports, and other scholarly contents
- Demonstrate ability to use basic web 2.0 technologies such as
- General or scholarly search engines
- Social engineering platforms
How to Apply
Completion of Online Application Form, All applications must be completed online thus,
- Log on to APPLY to access the online application form.
- Fill in the application form and submit it online
Attachment of Supporting Documents
All applicants are expected to scan and attach the following documents to their online application forms. All such documents should be in PDF format.
- Certified copies of all certificates
- Certified copies of transcript (s) of academic records
- Certificates confirmed by the professional body is required for professional applicants
- Birth certificate
- Two (2) completed referee reports
- Vision statement for MBA/MSc. applicant